Freight Companies Service Regions
Find the best freight company at the best prices for your needs across Australia
Discover the range of Freight Companies Operating in Australia
Fast Courier is Australia’s fastest freight and courier comparison website. With our website’s quick quote tool, we can provide instant comparisons on delivery service quotes, carriers, and delivery times within Australia and globally. We have established partnerships with major freight companies, both domestic and international, in order to offer you expert freight forwarding services.
To help you get to know more about our affiliate freight companies and the services they each offer, provided below is a brief and comprehensive rundown.
Aramex Australia (formerly Fastway Couriers)
Fastway Couriers has been providing courier and freight services in Australia for more than 25 years. They have established a network of franchise partners for high quality land freight logistics at every point along the way. Fastway Couriers joined the Aramex family in 2016, and officially transitioned to Aramex Australia in 2019.
Aramex is a leading international logistics company, widely recognized for its advanced strategies and technological innovations in the freight forwarding industry. Locally, the company has maintained its domestic franchise model. But as a part of the Aramex global network, Aramex Australia can now provide its clients a multitude of new shipping opportunities worldwide.
Aramex Freight Services:
- Includes Less Than Truckload (LTL) and Full Truckload shipping
- Extensive international air freight network provides a wide range of fast and cost effective delivery options
- Covers major shipping lines, including domestic coastal routes and trade routes worldwide
TNT Express is an international delivery service company with over 70 years of delivery experience under its belt. TNT offers ground and air delivery services in Europe, the Asia Pacific region, the Americas, the Middle East and Africa. Founded in Australia in 1946, TNT has officially become a subsidiary of FedEx. Operations and business transition takes time, but with this integration, the company’s clients can expect to benefit from better coverage, larger international connectivity and a wider selection of services to choose from.
TNT Freight Services:
- Provides collection and delivery for direct, non-stop route to delivery destination
- Shipments are tracked throughout transit and includes proof of supply
- Immediate pick up for urgent shipments
- Accommodates any type of load, including hazardous materials
- Offers full and partial truck loads
- Can provide dedicated vehicles for special deliveries
- Door-to-Door and Door-to-Airport services both include: flexible options, global coverage, total visibility, high-quality airline affiliates and import/export services
- Door-to-Door service involves dedicated shipment management throughout its entire journey from pick-up, selection of most reliable and direct route, customs clearance, until final delivery to consignee
- Door-to-Airport service provides same dedicated shipment management from pick-up to its designated airport destination; upon arrival, shipment and documentation are immediately endorsed to your customer or designated agent for final clearance and delivery
- Cost effective sea transportation for container-packed shipments
- Integrated road and air freight network is linked with key seaports for easier access to global sea freight operation
- Accommodates all types of goods, including hazardous items
- Offers door-to-door, door-to-port or port-to-port delivery options
- Offers full or partial container loads
- Includes import/export documentation handling
FedEx is an American multinational shipping and delivery services company. Today, it is best known for its air delivery service. It provides delivery service to more than 220 countries and territories.
In April 2021, TNT Express officially became FedEx Express in Australia. As a leading global delivery service provider, FedEx further expands its already superior air express network by coming together with TNT.
Complete rebranding to FedEx Express is under way. In the meantime, TNT Express maintains its local logistics operations model, but customers can look forward to access to a wider range of global solutions as it transitions to FedEx Express.
FedEx Freight Services:
- FedEx Ground offers cost-effective delivery to a business location within 1-5 days
- FedEx Home Delivery offers cost-effective delivery to a home or apartment address within 1-5 days
- FedEx Express provides urgent delivery to any location within 1-3 days
- FedEx Trade Networks offers international air freight forwarding services that connects North America, Latin America, the Asia Pacific region, Europe, the MIddle East and Africa
- Provides efficient document preparation, cargo insurance arrangements, online visibility and customs clearance handling
- Door-to-door and airport-to-airport service and pricing options
- Charters and special cargo
- Consolidation and direct-to-consignee service
- FedEx Trade Networks offers international ocean freight forwarding services connecting North America, Latin America, the Asia Pacific region, Europe, the MIddle East and Africa
- Full-Container Load (FCL) and Less Than Container Load (LCL) options
- Dry or liquid bulk shipments
- Full or partial vessel charters, including refrigerated service and on-board cranes for heavy shipments
- Physical cargo and paper-consolidation programs to importers and exporters who purchase from multiple vendors
DHL is an international courier, package delivery and express mail service provider. After being acquired in 2002, it is now a division of German logistics firm Deutsche Post. DHL offers worldwide services, including in its coverage countries such as Iraq, Afghanistan, Myanmar, Cuba and even North Korea.
To control its environmental effect, DHL changed some of its vehicles in order to use alternative fuels, such as compressed natural gas and electricity. As part of its GoGreen program, Deutsche Post/DHL plans to achieve zero emissions by 2025.
DHL Freight Services:
- Intercontinental door-to-door distribution
- Flexible and cost effective transport solutions for full and partial loads
- Regular scheduled departures for international LTL deliveries
- GPS-equipped trucks for efficient monitoring and complete track & trace visibility
- Offers a range of time-specific options, including economical route plans, first-flight-out, and Same-Day
- Total flexibility over your delivery choices, including door-to-door, airport-to-airport and other options
- Offers preferential carrier access to ensure worldwide transit time reliability
- Over 7,000 Air Freight Experts in more than 190 countries
- Door-to-door Full-Container-Load (FCL) transportation globally
- Less-than-Container-Load (LCL) cargo delivery worldwide, through their own in-house network
- Customized Buyers’ and/or Shippers’ Consolidation and Purchase Order management
- Provides specialized humidity and temperature controlled container options
- Transport service options for oversized goods too large for standard containers
Allied Express Freight
Allied Express Transport, or simply Allied Express, is an independently owned Australian logistics and transportation company that provides freight and courier delivery services. Headquartered in Chullora, Sydney, Allied Express offers a wide range of transport services including local and national distribution, and third-party logistics.
With its presence in each capital city in Australia, it provides a wide variety of courier and freight services including on-demand and permanent ‘taxi-trucks’, along with tailored country-wide distribution through its interstate road and air express services.
Allied Express has been sponsoring several sports teams since 1978, and supports a number of charities and organizations, including Barnardos, an Australian child abuse prevention charity organization.
- Normal Taxi Truck Service, along with their other taxi truck categories, can provide cost effective rates, including hourly or kilometer rates for one-off, heavy or oversized deliveries
- VIP Taxi Truck Service deliveries are tracked internally, but are flagged at a higher priority level; drivers are alerted of a Time-Out period of when the delivery has to be made
- Executive Taxi Truck Service is the company’s premium service; includes added individual monitoring of shipment from pick-up time to drop-off time; has a maximum Time-Out period of one hour
- Offers international air freight services including airport-to-airport and door-to-door deliveries
- Provides booking, shipping, handling, documentation and air carrier service; with round-the-clock expert customer service
- Customizable and cost-effective expedited air shipping
- Provides handling of cargo forwarding, pickup, delivery and shipping documents
- Also offers other shipping services including cargo insurance, drayage, purchase order financing, warehousing, distribution and customized house brokerage
- Highly efficient one-stop ocean freight and logistics management services
The Toll Group is an Australian logistics and transportation company with global operations in road, rail, sea, air and warehousing. Founded in 1888 by Albert Toll, Toll in Australia has grown from a single horse cart into a major integrated logistics provider with an Asia Pacific focus and a global reach.
Toll Holdings is a major logistics company operating and is headquartered in Australia. It offers logistics service to both the domestic and international markets.
Toll Freight Services:
- Road freight services include: domestic and cross-border deliveries; linehaul services across global network; metropolitan couriers; express road services; national road express services for parcels and satchels; dangerous goods transport; customs clearance; contract PUD services; premium freight services across global network; heavy haulage solutions including high payload tasks up to 360 tonnes; over-dimensional transport; and drayage/cartage
- Rail logistics services include: provision of rail containers; access to container yards across their rail networks; pickup and delivery services; plus, extended services during peak periods
- Services include: door-to-door delivery; air charter; helicopter services; and remote aviation
- Caters to specialized freight including: animals and pets; perishable and temperature-controlled goods; dangerous goods; fragile and sensitive goods; vehicles and parts
- Also offers expedited freight services for time-sensitive deliveries
- Full container load (FCL) door-to-door import and export worldwide
- Provision of containers and cargo equipment
- Transfer services to/from a mother vessel using barges and floating cranes
- Export sea freight and less than container load (LCL) consolidation services from New Zealand to Australia and Asia
- Import sea freight and less than container load (LCL) consolidation services to New Zealand from USA and Asia
- Coastal shipping in Australia
- Comprehensive shipping between Tasmania and Australia with specialized roll-on/roll-off (Ro/Ro) vessels servicing Bass Strait daily
United Parcel Service, or more famously known as UPS, is an American multinational shipping and supply chain company. Founded in 1907, UPS is one of the world’s biggest delivery service providers. Although more primarily well known for its ground shipping services, UPS is also famous for its air freight and courier deliveries worldwide.
UPS has also established the UPS Store, an in-house retail chain which assists UPS shipments and provides tools and solutions for small businesses. But its primary trade is the time-definite delivery of packages and documents worldwide.
UPS Freight Services:
- Coyote Truckload (FTL) offers dry van, temperature-controlled, open-deck services and more; also includes expedited, high-risk, cross-border and project freight services
- Coyote Less than Truckload (LTL) offers freight solutions to match your shipment size, and provides advice to identify modal conversion opportunities to maximize savings
- Coyote Intermodal rail freight services provides long-haul deliveries with reduced carbon footprint across North America
- Coyote Cross Border Ground Freight includes cross-border logistics assistance and freight monitoring for both northbound and southbound North American deliveries
- UPS Worldwide Expedited Ground Freight service leverages UPS assets and hubs already in place near the US-Mexico border
- International Air Freight Services include:
- UPS Express Critical - Next-flight-out service within North America & between major metropolitan areas worldwide
- UPS Air Freight Premium Direct - Door-to-door service in 1-3 business days operating in more than 55 countries and territories; includes pick-up, delivery and customs clearance
- UPS Air Freight Direct - provides date-specific scheduling with airport-to-airport typically in 1-3 business days worldwide; includes pick-up, delivery and customs clearance option
- UPS Air Freight Consolidated - provides date-specific scheduling with airport-to-airport typically in 3-5 business days worldwide; includes pick-up, delivery and customs clearance option
- Full Container Load (FCL) freight services provide access to multiple vessels, carriers and affiliates linked with major global ports
- Less-than-Container Load (LCL) freight services include coordination of space sharing within one container, and is offered in ost major ports; economical, usage-based pricing with FCL frequency, routing and visibility
- UPS Trade Direct Ocean services offer consolidation, ocean transport, customs clearance, distribution and delivery to multiple addresses with one destination country; includes port-to-door and door-to-door service; available from more than 70 ports
Northline is a 100% Australian-owned international logistics company. Established in South Australia in 1983, Northline is an experienced freight and courier service provider with an industry-leading national network as well as an international scope of more than 100 countries.
With 13 depots across Australia, Northline provides flexibility to tailor solutions for every customer’s requirements, including scaling up for further additional capacity as needed. Northline can transport freight to and from international cities, small towns and even remote communities.
Northline Freight Services:
National Freight Management
- Combines individual components of national network via road, rail, sea and air to meet customers’ needs
- Provides service to major cities, regional centers, small towns and remote communities
- Accommodates full container load, less than container load, project logistics and over-dimensional loads
- Freight tracking includes barcoding of freight items, automatic viewing of proof of deliveries and advanced shipping notifications
International Freight Management
- International network provides transport, storage, tracking and delivery of freight across the globe by road, rail, sea and air
- Includes in-house Licensed Customs Brokers to ensure smooth passage of freight across borders, in compliance with local rules and regulations
- Accommodates full container load, less than container load and break-bulk freight for project logistics and over-dimensional loads
- Services include: customs clearance; quarantine requirements; duty payments; trade & tariff consultancy; customs valuation rulings; tariff classification advice; and preferential tariffs
Hunter Express Freight
Hunter Express is a large and very successful family-owned and family-run cargo and freight forwarding company in Australia. They offer reliable Australia-wide freight and courier delivery services.
With its 400 employees and rapidly expanding logistics network, Hunter Express provides a comprehensive range of products and services to a wide variety of industries in Australia.
Aside from courier and freight transportation, Hunter Express also provides additional services including: B2B & B2C integration solutions; limited transit insurance coverage; and storage & warehousing services.
Hunter Express Freight Services:
- Taxi Trucks: Same-day metropolitan door-to-door service for shipments from 1 to 8 tonnes or 2 to 10 pallets; suitable for ad hoc bulk deliveries across town in all cities; exclusive hourly rates; and ideal for warehouse and office relocations
- Road Economy Bulk Freight: non-urgent freight service designed for transporting only bulk pallets and skids at a discount rate; it is a door-to-door delivery service; transit times vary from 2 to 5 working days for short haul, and from 5 to more than 10 working days for long haul destinations; includes all capital cities, plus a selected range of regional centers across Australia
- Road Express Australia Wide: transit time varies between 1-2 working days and up to one week, depending on distance; suitable for intrastate and interstate deliveries; includes Door-to-Door, Depot-to-Depot, Depot-to-Door and Door-to-Depot options
- Air Express Australia Wide:
- First Class Overnight - premium door-to-door service for all capital cities and selected regional centers across Australia; transit times vary between overnight and 2 to 3 working days, depending on location
- First Class Same Day - premium door-to-door service for all capital cities and selected regional centers across Australia; transit times vary between same-day and 1 to 2 working days, depending on location
- Prepaid Satchels - 1, 3, 5kg satchels available for Australia-wide door-to-door; 1, 3, 5, 10kg satchels available for eastern seaboard door-to-door
Couriers Please Freight
Founded in 1983, CouriersPlease is an Australian freight and courier company which began its business as a specialized metropolitan parcel delivery service company. It is a fully owned subsidiary of Singapore Post (SingPost).
Through its independently owned franchise fleet of couriers, CouriersPlease has grown into a leading parcel delivery expert with nationwide coverage. As one of its recent service expansions, CouriersPlease has launched its International and Domestic Air services, providing its customers access to over 220 countries worldwide.
Another recent product addition is the POPStation (Pick Own Parcel Station), which lets customers collect their own parcels at their convenience.
Implemented through its partnership with eCommerce service provider HUBBED, these latest additions to CouriersPlease’s modern logistics services are aimed at creating an eCommerce ecosystem that provides customers with more parcel pickup and delivery options.
Couriers Please Freight Services:
- Local and interstate parcel and freight delivery
- Provides instant access to shipping tools via EzySend
- Free $1000 insurance coverage
- DomesticPriority: Same Day within a city; overnight interstate; door-to-door tracking; 1-2 day service for west coast-east coast deliveries
- DomesticSaver: economy option; exact transit times displayed after creating a quote
- Includes export/import services to and from the USA, China, UK, NZ, Japan or any part of Europe, Asia, North & South America, Africa and the Middle East
- Create and print shipping labels and customs declaration
- Includes Priority and Saver options
Formerly known as the Australian Postal Corporation, Australia Post is the government business enterprise that provides postal service in Australia. It is self-funding and uses its assets and resources. This, in turn, can be reinvested in the business or returned as dividends to the Australian government. Australia Post is obligated and committed to providing an accessible, affordable and reliable postal service to all Australians.
Australia Post provides regular mail delivery and express/courier services through Messenger Post (Startrack Courier). It operates in three core markets: letters & associated services; agency services & retail merchandise; and parcels & logistics. All services include both domestic and international markets.
Start Track Freight Services:
- Road Express: regular, cost-effective national business-to-business distribution service; includes tracking, proof of delivery, online pickup & re-delivery bookings, daily service & finance reporting, and contact center support & service recovery
- StarTrack Premium: next-business day delivery service; includes tracking & proof of delivery; SMS & email notifications; online pickup & re-delivery bookings; more delivery choices; daily service & finance reporting; contact center support & service recovery; and ID site & capture
- StarTrack Courier: 24/7 same-day metro delivery service; includes tracking, security-cleared specialist drivers, offers delivery speed options (1+ hrs to 4.5 hrs); delivery service available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year; and 24/7 customer service
- StarTrack Next Flight: 24/7 same-day interstate delivery service; includes tracking & delivery confirmation, security-cleared specialist drivers; pickup & delivery 24 hours a day, 365 days a year; and 24/7 dedicated phone number & contact center support
- Economy: untracked; suitable for items up to $100 in value (Extra Cover option for more valuable items); optional signature on delivery; carbon neutral parcel delivery
- Standard: includes tracking; suitable for items up to $100 in value (Extra Cover option for more valuable items); optional signature on delivery; carbon neutral parcel delivery
- Express: includes tracking and signature on delivery; suitable for items up to $100 in value (Extra Cover option for more valuable items); carbon neutral parcel delivery
- Courier: includes tracking and signature on delivery; suitable for items up to $100 in value (Extra Cover option for more valuable items); only available in select retail outlets
ParcelPoint is an Australian logistics and supply chain service provider headquartered in Surry Hills, New South Wales.
It provides Australia with the widest network of extended-hours locations that gives online shoppers a more modern and efficient way to collect or return purchased products at their convenience.
Founded in 2011, ParcelPoint offers customers a new way to receive and return parcels via a wide range of locations including convenience stores, shopping centers, pharmacies, service stations and news agencies. Because these places are open in the evenings and during weekends, it provides flexibility and better customer experience.
- Has 1400 ParcelPoint locations across Australia for customers to use as pickup addresses
- After making an online purchase from one of ParcelPoint’s 200+ retail partners (including eBay and Amazon), the product is delivered to customer’s local ParcelPoint address
- Provides an SMS or email notification when parcel has arrived
- Customers can pick up package at their convenience
- Includes online tracking
- Has 1400 ParcelPoint locations across Australia for customers to use as return drop-off point
- Printable returns label to be attached to package for return to retailer
- Customers can drop-off package at most convenient ParcelPoint location
- Includes online tracking
Direct Couriers Freight Services
Founded in 1983, Direct Couriers is an Australian logistics and delivery service company that provides a wide range of courier and freight services. With a fleet of only 20 vehicles in its early days, Direct Couriers has grown and now provides services to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth & Adelaide in Australia; including Auckland in New Zealand.
Direct Couriers specializes in same-day delivery services for local destinations, as well as delivery options for interstate and international destinations.
Direct Courier Freight Services:
- Offers a national fleet of tautliner and flat-top semi-trailers
- Provides options for on-off, regular run or Hot Shot deliveries
- Full visibility through live GPS tracking system and POD alerts via email and/or SMS
- Option to receive a pick-up when driver is within 6km
Taxi Truck Services
- Same Day Regular: for heavy weight or palletized shipments; 4-5 hours delivery depending on size of truck and cargo; includes live pick-up & POD alerts, and live GPS tracking; option to receive a pick-up when driver is within 6km
- Same Day Express: for urgent freight shipments; 2-3 hours delivery in metropolitan areas of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth; full visibility through live GPS tracking system, including pick-up, nearby & delivery alerts via email and/or SMS
Related Freight Companies
Find the best freight quotes to destinations across Australia
Most common courier quote questions
It's quite simple. Just enter the package weight and destination and we will search for multiple courier services to choose from.
We'll provide various Couriers and prices, simply select and proceed to book the service. We'll send you confirmation emails, booking reference numbers and moments later your package is on the way to being picked up and delivered.
For a full explanation of the process check out here.
Fast Courier is committed to making the process as fast, easy and affordable as possible. Now more than ever deliveries and couriers are vital so we're happy when you are happy.
By booking large number of deliveries we have access ti bulk prices and we pass these saving on to you, because no one should have to pay more...
After making a booking, we will provide a booking ID, shipping labels for you to place on your package. All you need to do is print these out the place them on the package.
The Courier will scan your package at your doorstep and then issue you a Tracking Number. We'll be keeping in touch as your package is making its journey to delivery.
Yes we do have a number of guides providing additional information on how you can ship irregular products. Here is a list of link to all our guides.
Volumetric weight, sometimes called dimensional weight, refers to the amount of space your package occupies on a truck or aircraft while it is being shipped. In other words, volumetric weight is the size—not the weight—of your package. Oftentimes a service will measure both the volumetric weight and the actual weight of a parcel; the bigger of the two numbers is then used to determine the cost of shipping.
To calculate volumetric weight see our guide on this link - Calculating volumetric weight
We also have additional articles on common issues people face when shipping products. The list of articles and links are outlined below;
- Size & Weight Limits
- Delivery Times
- How to package your goods
- Shipping rates
- Shipping multiple packages
- Sending a package without a label
- Calculating length and girth
- Addressing a package or letter to the USA
- Addressing a package or letter to the UK
The simple answer to this is yes, we have an Australian postage calculator available for use at any time. Our postage calculator pulls prices from multiple couriers allowing you to compare postage prices with ease.